Sunday, June 26, 2016

If the Shoe Fits...

I keep reading that Trump supporters are terribly offended at being labelled "racists."

Fair enough. I am glad that being labelled a "racist" is something that even Trump supporters have the decency to find offensive. So here: I acknowledge that it is possible that not all Trump supporters are overt bigots. On the other hand, I find it beyond comprehension that someone who is not a bigot is willing to vote for a man who is a racist, bigoted xenophobe.

The company you keep and the causes you support say a lot about you as a person. Supporting Trump says that you are tolerant of an intolerant man. You are supporting somebody who insists on saying horribly racist things. This does, I think, make you a racist. Period.

If that makes you uncomfortable or upset, then so be it. The truth hurts sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment